Monday, May 07, 2007

Updates

I have taken a bit of a break from the online world. I feel as if my brain is short circuiting. Lately I have felt like checking out from this technological world in which we now live. No wonder our children have so many attention deficit disorders these days. We are frying their brains. Lately I just cannot keep up with email, writing on my two blogs, message boards, my space page, and reading all the blogs of other people that I try to keep up with. I am losing it.

My headaches have returned. Well they never really went away. I suffer from daily chronic headaches. I have no idea why. The doctors tell me something different every time I go. I have tried everything and nothing works. It just plain sucks. Most days the headache is there but I can go on with my day. Most people would not even know I have one. I am so used to feeling like this that I can act pretty normal on a good day. A good day I would rate as a 3-4 on the pain scale. A bad day shoots up on the pain scale and makes me feel horrible all over. I can't focus or concentrate and I just need to be on the couch with an ice pack. this is what happened to me on Saturday of course. The day of my big craft show. I couldn't push through this one and I ended up having to pack up my stuff and leave three hours before the end of the show.

My little guy Sal turns 2 on May 14th. He has changed so much in the past two months. His language has just exploded. He is amazing to watch grow. He is a great little guy.

My birthday comes one week later on May 22nd. I will be celebrating my 34th birthday. We plan on having some friends over for a dinner gathering.

Working in my garden has been my therapy. It is so nice to be out digging in the earth again. We planted our peas last week and lots of flower seed in pots. Enzo and I also started a new project in the kids garden. We are building an herb spiral. I will post pictures of it soon.

We ended up switching schools for Enzo. He will be attending a non-graded, multi age primary program which is offered at one of the other Elementary schools in our town. They open slots for a certain amount of children from each of the surrounding schools and we were able to get in. It means I now have to drive downtown every day to drop him off and pick him up but I was so happy with the program I think it is worth it. I figure it is the closest thing to alternative education I can get for free. We go for an open house in a few weeks. I can't wait.

No comments: