Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Digging in the dirt

It has been a busy week working on my garden and yard. I put up a gazebo on my back deck which has almost given us another room. We were unable to sit out there during the day because it gets the direct sun all day and was way too hot. We can actually enjoy the space now. On sale for $69.99 at Ace Hardware.

We had a birthday bash for me on Saturday. Friends came over for some bocce ball and good food. I got lots of wonderful goodies from my friends. A two hour massage, homemade massage oil and comfy salve, a wonderful bag, movie passes and a night of babysitting, a gift card to Gardeners Supply and another one to Made Boutique. Thanks everyone!

The rest of the weekend was spent in my garden. I finished planting my veggie garden. Decided to go small and do it well. I invested money in bags of Intervale compost to make my soil happy and I planted 4 tomato plants in between my peas and chives. I also planted two strawberry plants. They will all live among the many sunflowers my son and I planted earlier. I also added to my herb/kids garden. We built a spiral herb garden and it is now filled with basil, lemon balm, parsley, cilantro and mint. Lavender and Rosemary are planted around it. With my gardeners supply gift card I was able to buy an amazing big blue ceramic pot to put in my back garden (thanks Kim for the tip) and I planted bulbs in it.

It was an amazing weekend of digging in the dirt.

***I have been trying to upload pictures to blogger for two days and I am still unable to. Argh! So for now you can see my recent garden pics that should have gone with this post on my flickr site here



No comments: