Friday, April 28, 2006

Adventure

Normally I count down the hours until the end of the day on Fridays. People sometimes say that once you are a SAHM the weekends don't matter. Forget that. Are you kidding? The weekends mean JB is here to help out and I have an adult to talk to. This weekend is different though. I have been dreading the coming of this weekend. JB leaves on Sunday afternoon for a week long training trip out of state. First of all I hate staying home alone. I always have. I just simply do not like staying home by myself. The second reason is that it means I will be by myself with two children 24 hours a day for 7 days in a row. Can you say INSANE! I know I am lucky. There are many single parents out there that do this all the time. God bless you. You are the strongest people on the face of the earth. I am just too used to JB coming home for dinner time and helping out. So to say the least I am terrified.

He has gone away for a week before when Enzo was a baby but it was easier then because I worked full time. I just dropped him off at daycare and only had to deal with him by myself at night. This is different. This is all day and all night alone. HELP!

So I have decided to go to my parents house for the week. They live in NH and it is on the way to where JB is going for class so he is going to drop us off on his way and pick us up on his way back. I did think of this as an option earlier but honestly at first I always thing of being away from home as being harder. Just because it is more difficult to be in someone else's home dealing with dinners and bedtimes - my kids don't always adjust that well. But it is something I need to get over. I need to just go with the flow more. So off we go. My kids will be so excited to stay with Mimi and Grampa and I will too. Even though they live three hours away we don't get down there as much as we should. So it is a last minute decision but a good one. I am psyched. We are going to have a blast.

Have a great week. I will post about our adventures later.

late.

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Have a great time! And I don't blame you one bit. 24 hours a day, 7 days straight with just Leif? I would be a nutcase. I do not know how single parents do it.