Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cloth diaper review


So about a month ago I made the switch to cloth diapers. After spending a few months doing research (you would not believe how many options there are) I decided to buy
Fuzzibunz which is a pocket diaper. After a month of using them here are the highlights of my findings:

1. They are incredibly cute. The color choices are wonderful.
2. Much easier to use than I thought. Diaper changes are just as quick as with a disposable. There are not pins or covers with these diapers. You just pre stuff the diaper with one of the inserts and they are ready to snap on.
3. Washing isn't as bad as I thought. I wash probably about every 3 days or so. I hang them out to dry when possible so I don't end up using the dryer too much. There is no way I am spending in water and electricity what I was spending per month to buy disposables. No way.
4. No more gel balls on my babies skin from the SAPs(Super absorbent polymers)

So there you have it. It is not as hard as it looks. JB was surprised how easy it is too. I am glad I made the jump. It feels sort of liberating (in that hippy kind of a way) to not be dependent on the evil diaper companies any longer.

Buy Fuzzi Bunz Here


go cloth!

No comments: