Thursday, April 20, 2006

Who am I kidding

I went to visit a friend last night. We hung out at her house, had a few beers and stayed up way too late talking. I used to be able to stay up late and be fine the next day. Not anymore. I feel old. I feel frustrated that I can't even take any "me" time at night because I am too tired the next day. Night time is the only alone time I have. Being able to escape to a friend's house is incredible. I love getting out of my house and escaping for a few hours. The time just goes so fast and the next thing I know it is very late and I need to rush home to bed and hope the baby doesn't wake up until at least 4 or 5 am. Sal did end up waking up at 4:00 this morning but luckily he was willing to nurse in bed and he fell back to sleep until 6:00am. JB got up with him so I could sleep until 7:00 but I am still dragging today.

Despite the tiredness the day is just beautiful so the boys and I have been outside all morning working in the garden. Our veggie garden used to have an ugly wire fence around it but we removed it last year to make the garden more accessible. The darn squirrels are digging up our peas already though so we decided to put the ugly fence back up. Enzo helped me with that task this morning while Sal played in the sandbox. We got it half way up. In the meantime my mother in law told me about a trick to keep them away. You sprinkle cayenne pepper on the soil and supposedly they don't like it. I will give that try.

Back to fun in the sun for me. And early to bed tonight.

No comments: