Monday, April 24, 2006

The Monday Blues

Boy do I have the Monday blues today. The weekend went by way to fast. I had two friends from high school come up for the weekend. They are married with a three year old and another on the way. The weather turned to crap of course just in time for their arrival. The rain held out on Saturday at least so the kids got to run around the yard when they first got here. We were going to try and go somewhere but we decided to stay put and visit instead. It was a wonderful day. Enzo and their daughter Sophie got along very well and played hard all day. We ended up ordering pizzas for dinner (yeah no cooking) and then they headed off to their hotel for the night.

Sunday was a rainy day so we decided to have lunch at our house and then take the kids to our local aquarium. The kids had a blast. The parents were all pooped and so we called it a day. My friends left to go back to NH.

It was great to see them. We had a blast. Now it is Monday and I am missing my filled house. It seems empty now with just me and the boys.

No comments: