Sunday, January 18, 2009

Exposing my soul

I am not sure anyone knows this about me but I have been writing poetry since I was in elementary school. I have notebooks upon notebooks filled. I have lived a double life since starting this blog. Words I choose to post on my blog and words I hand write in my offline daily journal entries. I have decided to finally share some of the pen and ink. They won't come in order but I will post the dates of when they were originally written. There will be no rhyme or reason to how I post them. It will be based more on how I am feeling that day and which page I happen to turn to. Here is the first one.

Written while pregnant with my son Enzo

5/16/01

I'm just a girl -
A mother in the making
Moving more slowly now
because of the child I am baking.
I'm just a girl -
with wild messy curls.

No comments: