Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Why I hate the ice cream truck



Remember the neighbor hood ice cream truck? Well we have one in our neighborhood but I want to run out and throw rocks at it whenever it goes by. Why? Because for the past 5 years I have lived in this neighborhood we are on the suckiest route. That darn truck only drives by my house at dinner time or right before bed. Now I know I eat a lot earlier than most (6:00) and my kids go to be pretty early (7:00 & 8:00) but come on now. Is it too much to ask to get on a different route one time.

I am not big on the crap they sell in those things but my oldest is 5 1/2, it is summer and I would like to be able to indulge him once in a while. My poor kids hear the dumb music being played from the truck miles away and they jump from the dinner table or run to the window in the pj's to oogle at the truck.

One time a few weeks ago it managed to find its way down my street on a Saturday at around 2:00 in the afternoon. Our ears perked at the sound of the music, we dropped what we were doing and made a dash across the backyard, threw open the fence and flagged down the truck. Before I even gave my order the poor guy got an earful from me about how I think they should put some other streets on the night time shift and give us a break for once. Needless to say that was the one and only time we saw them during the day.

oh well - we don't need all that partially hydrogenated crap anyway.

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Hee! I am sorry for laughing. But that just struck me as something that would be just our luck. And Leif is SOOO into ice cream right now. It would be a recipe for disaster in our house.

(I realize that my laughing is setting me up for karmic revenge...)