Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I was thinking of you the whole time




My friend Neil Cleary has just finished recording his third solo CD called I was thinking of you the whole time. It is not officially released until the fall but he has about 100 copies available for early purchase. I came home Sunday from a trip to find mine waiting for me in my mailbox. As Neil describes it "inspired by two of my favorite albums, Liz Phair's Exile In Guyville and Aimee Mann's Bachelor #2, it takes a sorta wry look at hookups and letdowns, except from the perspective of the villainous heartbreaker character on the other end. It's a little trip to the dark end of the psyche -- and with a fun-time summer-rockin' beat!"

My review of it? He is magic. Pure magic. He has the ability to make the girls wonder if one of his songs is about them and the others hoping one could be.

Check him out at
www.neilcleary.com

Listen to tracks from the CD and or buy one of these early releases
www.myspace.com/neilcleary

No comments: