Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Another year has come and gone. I have cried, sighed, laughed, and loved in 2008 and I plan to do more of it in 2009. I went to the dentist for the first time in a very long time yesterday. I am embarrassed at how long it has been. I realize that I take care of everyone around me before I take care of myself. Going to the dentist was the first step in changing that. It is such a simple thing to do but when I run around taking everyone else to their appointments it is easy to forget about my own. I was so nervous to go but I did it. I wish I could say that was it for the next 6 months but it will take a few more cleaning trips and some fillings to get me to where I need to be.

It feels good to have made the step though. It was the first of many steps of self health I plan on taking in the coming year. No more putting this mama on the back burner.

No comments: