Thursday, December 04, 2008

Garlic pesto grilled cheese

Here is my solution to making a simple grilled cheese sandwich a little more adult and tasty. This comes from my own recipe box. When I make the boys a grilled cheese I make one of these for myself. It is one of my favorite lunches.

Ingredients
2 slices of good bread
1-2 slices of real cheddar cheese (I highly recommend Cabot)
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon of pesto
Salsa for the side of the plate

Directions
Peel and slice the garlic clove into thin slices.
Spread the pesto on the inside of both slices of bread.
Place the cheese on one side with the garlic slices on top of the cheese
Slap the two pieces of bread together and cook in fry pan with butter as you would a regular grilled cheese until both sides are brown and the cheese is melted.

Add a side of salsa on your plate for dipping.

Yum.

1 comment:

no-blog-rachel said...

Oh yum. I had no bread in the house otherwise that would have been dinner last night. But I'm shopping today...

Thanks for sharing the recipe!