Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Today you are three!

Then . . .

Now . . .



Dear Sal,

Today is your birthday. Today you are three. You have done so many wonderful things this year. You learned to ride a trike, climbed higher at the park, perfected your alphabet, learned to count in Spanish, drew fabulous pictures, and painted with lots of globs and colors. You are such a helpful, kind and polite child. You value your friendships and wake up each day with a wide eyed new view of the world. I have so thoroughly enjoyed watching you grow and learn this year. You have been a wonderful teacher for me. I thank you for showing me how to stop and notice the birds in the trees, the songs they sing, a simple lady bug on a leaf, and how hiding in the same spot over and over again during hide and seek can still be fun.

I wish for you so much in your next year as a three year old. After being home with me full time you will venture off to preschool this coming fall. It will be a big step for both of us and I know we will be ready. With a tear in my eye and happiness in my heart I will hold your hand as we begin this adventure together.

Happy Birthday my little guy.
I love you so much.
xoxo

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Aww! Happy birthday Sal!

His gift was shipped today and you should have it on Monday!