Monday, September 03, 2007

1st Bento Box lunch


I have been on a search to find a lead free lunch box for my child. I have pimped the site reusablebags.com already here but I wanted to share with you the one I ended up getting. It is called laptop lunches and it is based on the concept of the Japanese bento box.

I love the idea of a product that supports offering children a healthy lunch consisting of a variety of choices rather than prepackaged foods.

I survived my first week of Enzo going to Kindergarten but they were just half days. Tomorrow he starts on his full day schedule is which is 8:10am-2:30pm. I still believe Kindergarten should only be half day but this is the way it is and I guess I will just have to see how it goes. So I packed his first lunch tonight in his new Bento box. The picture is bad but it consists of a bean, cheese and salsa burrito, grapes, corn chip and salsa and two little whole grain cookies. It goes into a super cute laptop style bag. He has been practicing with the bag all weekend and is excited to use it tomorrow. I on the other hand am terrified of him in the big lunch room. Now I know why they don't let the parents in the school each day. I would never leave.

2 comments:

Dad said...

That looks like a great lunch. Do you remember kids trading their lunches with friends? Ha Ha

Nuclear Mom said...

Love the box! I have been eyeing a few Bento-style lunch boxes online for both Leif and I.

Glad Enzo had a good first week! He will do super!