Friday, December 02, 2005

Thanksgiving adventure

We just came back from our Thanksgiving adventure to Kentucky. We all drove down to spend a week at JB's aunt's house. A big old farm house where his father grew up with his 12 siblings. It was an amazing trip. First of all the drive really was not as bad as I thought. We did it in two days down, two days back. The way down was a bit long. The kids did great. I on the other hand did not. Luckily the stay was long enough so I didn't feel like we had to jump right back into the car. The trip back actually seemed to go by much faster. We enjoyed a great Thanksgiving gathering with about 29 of their family members. It was so much fun. Enzo just loved being on a farm. He had so much fun tramping around every day. The worst part was that Sal just did not want to sleep at nigh. All four of us shared a room. Sal was up every 1-2 hours all night long for the entire week. I was a walking zombie while I was there. I was amazed at how hill Kentucky actually is. I have to admit I had preconceived ideas of what it would be like there. I was quite surprised. I am so glad we went.

No comments: