Saturday, December 31, 2005

New year / New house

I am a homeowner

Let me say it again -

I am a homeowner.

Happy frickin' new year to us!

Yes that is correct. We closed on our first home yesterday. It is a bit anti climatic because we bought the house we have been living in and renting for the past 3 1/2 years. I know - how lucky that we don't have to move. Believe me, with two kids I realize what a good thing that is, it just blows a little bit that I will miss out on the excitement of moving into my first home. We finished signing all the papers, got into the car and drove back to our same house. Well we did crack a beer when we got home and said "we own this place" to each other about every 5 minutes or so.

I woke up this morning on New Years Eve looking at the house with different eyes though. My brain is already going over paint colors and new organizational techniques. We won't have the money to do anything to the house the first year but a girl can dream.

So that is that. Happy New Year! I own a house. Yee-hoo!

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you guys.