Saturday, November 12, 2005

November update





What a month already. First of all I can't believe it is November. Almost mid November now I guess. Here are a few quick updates. It is late and I am tired.

Sal -
Sal is 6 months old now. He has been busy perfecting his crawl. He started out doing the "army crawl" and has been working on getting up on his knees more the past could of days. We also introduced rice cereal into his life. We try it once a day (if I remember) and some days he is into it but other days he could care less. I am not a big food pusher at this age so I just go with his interest level. His personality is shining through more and more each day though. His laughter just brings so much joy to my life.

Enzo -
Enzo is busy being 4. He told me the other day - "Mommy, 4 year olds can do everything except cook on the stove." He loves (sometimes) helping out around the house and with Sal. He can make Sal laugh the hardest of everyone. It is very heart warming to watch him interact with his brother. Enzo has also been very busy learning letters. He has always been a book warm but we have been reluctant pushing early learning on him. I personally do not like how academics is getting pushed on children younger and younger but that is for a different post. He has been very interested in letters lately though which has been cool to watch. He likes to look at a word and then copy the letters on a piece of paper to recreate it. His favorite thing right now is to create books and letters that he mails to people. So cool.

I am in the final phases of my job. I am training my replacement right now so the end is in sight. It has been more difficult working this part time from home schedule than I thought. I am so looking forward to my next phase. We are also busy house hunting. Well actually we are looking into purchasing the home we have been renting. So I have been at home with the kids, working and managing the house project too.

That is my update for this week. Next week we are taking a family trip and driving to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. It will be my first time and I am looking forward to it.

No comments: