Friday, December 02, 2005

The times they are a changing

I have waited 4 years to be able to become a SAHM. I am now one week away from it being official and I am freaking out. Am I making the right choice? Here is what is going on in my head right now.

Money will be SO tight - JB and I worked so hard to get out of debt and finally be a point where we were doing ok. Not great but have not been sweating it like we used to in the past. Now we are about to become a one income family. It is all material things we will be giving up but I am so afraid of not being able to provide for my children the way I want to. In a way I am looking forward to being forced into becoming super thrifty.

I have to pull EZ from preschool. - The first year at least EZ will have to stop going to preschool. It is just too expensive. See in my town you can't get a true preschool program anymore. Preschool really is just a half day thing (or used to be) but now that so many people need full time care you have to pay the full time price in most cases. On one hand I am afraid to pull him out but on the flip side - come on - he will be at home.

We are about to buy a house. - WHAT? Yes that is correct. We are hoping to close on our house the same month I stop working. Luckily it is the house we have been renting for the past 3 1/2 years so we don't have to move anywhere. Are we crazy though?

It is freakin' hard being home full time. Anyone who thinks it is easy is insane. My desk job was CAKE compared to this. There are not lunch breaks, coffee breaks or even bathroom breaks. My day starts at 6am (or earlier sometimes) and ends at about 8:00pm. It is the most rewarding job I have ever had but the hardest too.

Those are my thoughts and fears. I am about to jump in head first. I will keep you posted on how it is going.

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Wohoo! Congrats both on the house and your last week of work. I am really happy for you guys. You guys will do just fine... you have each other. Nothing *has* to be permanent. Try it out for awhile and see how it fits.