- Eco friendly construction.
- Cute enough to look like you are wearing shoes around the house but aren't.
- Comfy enough to feel like you are wearing slippers and not shoes.
Ok back to the Layaway slipper. I jumped with glee when I saw this slipper. It is exactly what I have been looking for. Felted wool uppers, lined in certified organic cotton knit, coconut buttons,a layered natural crepe outsole, held together with water based cements, and they are super cute to boot.
I know at $59 the price seems a bit steep. I am biting my lip as I contemplate what I am going to do. I wonder if my husband meant spend $59 when he said "buy yourself some slippers online today" as he walked out the door in response to my constant bitching about walking around in wet socks.
My thought process around it being ok is based on these facts:
- I usually end up spending $10-$20 on a cheapo pair each year that are barely still together by the time spring comes.
- Since I am home full time I spend more time indoors so this is the equivalent of buying a new pair of shoes for work
- I need the slippers to be good quality with good soles since I am chasing around two kids and a dog and running up and down stairs all day.
- Even though I am home full time I need to keep up my "coolness" factor. I can't have the UPS guy see me in pink fuzzy slippers. He might think I just sit around and eat bon bons all day. We can't have that.