Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm a Lactivist

Lactivist= lactation activist

I can now officially call myself one. I was a part of a demonstration that was held in my town on Saturday in response to our City Council rejecting a resolution to become more involved in the support and education of breastfeeding in our city. We kicked off World Breastfeeding Week by gathering at the City Hall where there were information booths (I had a booth selling my goods), music and story time for the kids, speakers and a "breastfeeding cafe" where we sat around sharing stories and support. We ended the event by walking through town with banners and balloons. It was trilling. I feel so proud to get involved in such an important issue. We even made the lead story on the 6:00 news Saturday night.


You can read about it here

Breastfeeding Rally

2 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

You go girl! Excellent cause.

Shannon said...

Way to go!

PS: Just wanted to say that I am from Burlington, too. However, it is Burlington, North Carolina.