Friday, January 27, 2006

I made it!

I have had a hellish week. Sal developed his nastiest cold yet on Tuesday and since then we have been stuck inside all week. The poor baby has been so sick all he wants to do is sleep on my chest all day. So Enzo (much to his liking) has watched more TV than the kid has ever seen in his life. We are not by nature big TV people for our kids so this was a big treat for him and a huge guilt issue for me. The biggest struggle I am facing now that I am a SAHM is trying to balance the needs of two children who have very different needs. The 4 year old wants to go go go and the 8 month old wants me to hold him all day. On a normal day I am finding some balance but when one is sick like this it throws everything off and I am left feeling like a bad mom. See Sal has never and still does not sleep in his crib during the day. The only naps he gets are on me. So add a horrible cold on top and you have a baby glued to my lap from the early morning hours until 6pm. One more hour to go until J gets home. I can't wait!!!!!! This staying home thing is SO much harder than anyone can imagine. It is by far the hardest job I have ever had. Bon-Bons my butt.

No comments: