Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sicilian Orange and Fennel Salad

This recipe comes from one of my new favorite cookbooks called Sicilian Feasts. I have always been in love with Sicilian culture since it is where my mother's family is from. I received this cookbook last year as a gift and it has quickly become one of my favorites. What I love about Sicilian cooking is that it is simple and flavorful. I made this dish for the first time tonight and it made my taste buds jump for joy. The entire family loved it.

Ingredients:

2 oranges
1 fennel bulb
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:

Peel the oranges, and cut them into a bowl in chunks. Remove the feathery leaves from the fennel bulb and reserve for soup. Cut the fennel bulb into quarters and slice thinly through the core so that the bulb remains attached. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well. Drizzle with olive oil and mix again. Add the lemon juice and mix for the last time before transferring to a serving platter.

enjoy!

No comments: