Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'll have me some of these

Chocolate chip, oatmeal, coconut cookies


As much as I love to cook I have never been able to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. So I decided to adapt one today and make it my own. I actually squealed with delight when I took the first bite.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. hot water
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 - 1 cup of oatmeal
1/2 - 1 cup coconut

Cream butter and sugars until smooth
Beat eggs one at a time, stir in vanilla
Dissolve baking soda in the hot water
Add butter along with salt
Stir in flour until well mixed
Add chocolate chips, coconut, and oatmeal

Spoon batter onto oiled cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes on 350.

This made about 3 cookie sheets full for me.

The coconut and oatmeal measurements are approximations. This was the part I added but I don't measure when I cook my own stuff so I don't have an exact measurement.

5 comments:

hk said...

can you share the recipe? Looks delicious!

rockergirrl said...

I just added it. Thanks for the reminder.

Nuclear Mom said...

You are evil! It is 10:22am here and still nearly 2 hours till lunch for me. They look fabulous!

rockergirrl said...

Sorry nuclear mom :). I normally make lower fat / less sugar cookies. This is the first full blown "real" ones I have made. They are very good but they did end up to be a bit "too" much if that is possible. More than 1 and you feel like you are zinging off the walls. I am very sensitive to sugar though.

hk said...

yum!!! I'm so making these! thank you!