Thursday, July 26, 2007

Music to my ears

A few months ago my basement flooded. The bad news is we lost many boxes of books and cassette tapes. The good news is we got insurance money to replace them. Since cassettes are no longer being produced we were able to spend money on CDs. I haven't bought much new music in the past few years. One of the luxury items I had to give up when I chose to quit my job. So you can image how exciting it was for me to be given a dollar figure and told to go shopping on Amazon. It was extremely hard. There was so much pressure. How do you choose what to get? Well I just got my shipment in. You might be surprised by the selection but here we go.

Pearl Jam - the latest one
Wilco - Sky blue sky
Son Volt - The Search
Modest Mouse - Good news for people who love bad news
Neko Case - Ffox Confessor brings the flood
Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
Sarah McLachlan - Surfacig
Neil Young - Prairie Wind
The Donnas - Gold metal
Evanescence - Fallen
R.E.M. - The best of the IRS years
The Postal Service - Give it up
Tori Amos - Bee keeper
Built to Spill - There's nothing wrong with love
Death Cab for Cutie - Plans
Norah Jones - Come away with me
Bob Marley - Legend
Belle and Sebastian - if you're feeling sinister
Brightblack Morning light
Pink - I'm not dead
My Morning Jacket - Okonokos
Tori Amos - American doll posse
Modest Mouse - We were dead before
Ryan Adams - Rock n roll
Cat Power - The Greatest
Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
Bright Eyes - I'm wide awake it's morning
Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger
Kelly Clarkson - My December (ok shut up)
Heavenly States - Black Comet
Joss Stone - Mind, body soul

Now I just need to find time during the day when I can safly listen to some of these without my kids picking up some new bad words.

2 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

Nice list!

(And Hans is a Kelly Clarkson fan too!) ;)

Belvedere65 said...

No Stevie Nicks?