Friday, July 27, 2007

Isn't it ironic?

Ok this is insane. I wrote the post yesterday about getting all my replacement music from when my basement flooded a few months ago and you will never believe what happened yesterday. My freakin' basement flooded AGAIN. I thought I was going to lose my mind. The exact same thing happened as before. I put in a load of laundry, came upstairs to hang towels on the clothes line and then started dinner. About an hour later I went to wash a few dishes and noticed there was no hot water. I could hear the wash downstairs still going and all of a sudden I got a sick feeling in my stomach. I opened the basement door, walked downstairs and proceeded to scream "Oh no not again" at the top of my lungs. The entire basement was once again flooded with water. This time it wasn't as bad. We had almost 6 inches last time. This looked more like 2 inches but still it covered corner to corner of the basement. I started freaking out and the kids started freaking out. I felt so bad that I could not stay in control.

This really came at a bad time. I just had contractors here the same day telling me how much I was going to have to spend to fix extensive window rot I have going with three windows in our house. Now I have a deductible to pay and a new washer to buy. Also JB has been working 7 days a week until midnight and now all of a sudden we have to both be available somehow to clean up the basement. That won't go over very well at his work. So Serve Pro came out once again and installed a pump last night. All the water is now gone but we now must have their industrial sized dehumidifiers and fans going down there for several days until it is all dried out.

So I am pretty much a stress case. I feel overwhelmed. I really didn't need to add going to the Laundromat three times a week to my already hectic life. I don't need another thing I can't afford to pay for go wrong with this house. I need things to calm down. I need my husband to not have to work so much so we can share the load more. I need a vacation.

2 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this. I know this is the last thing on earth you guys need right now. Hang in there.

Stacie said...

I would have said a lot more than that! Wow! I am so sorry about this disaster that you have to clean up once again. At least you have a flashy new pile of CDs to listen to. It really sounds like you need a break. Good luck with it all. Stacie