Monday, September 04, 2006

Working Girl

I am refreshed and rejuvenated to start my week. I spent most of my weekend (Saturday and Sunday) working. My jewelry is being sold at at local boutique Made Boutique & Gallery. She had a Labor Day sale this weekend and asked me to set up a table outside of the store with all of my other inventory. It was a great opportunity to sell more stuff and attract people into the store. I was excited to do it but nervous how I would feel being away from the family two days in a row.

It ended up being an amazing experience for me. It felt so great to get out of the house and do something for me by myself. To talk to adults all day and get out of my routine of breakfast, sweeping, snack, sweeping, lunch, sweeping, snack, sweeping, prepare dinner and all the other stuff in between. JB was excited to be home alone with the kids too. They had a blast. Saturday night I came home, dinner was made and it was simply delightful. The sale went well and it rejuvenate my spirit. I am learning that I need breaks like that in order to be a better mom.

No comments: