Thursday, March 31, 2011

Closing up my craft shop

Sadly I have decided to end my small crafting business Subsixstudios. I started my small business when I became a stay at home mom in 2005. At the time it provided me with a creative outlet and kept my mind in the business game as I kept up my skills in sales and built new skills in digital marketing. The reality is now I work full time outside of the home and I am struggling to keep up with it all. I will however continue to support the indie craft movement by pushing forward with Queen City Craft and the bazaar that I produce twice a year. The next show is on June 4th and it will be the first time in 5 years I haven't sold my own creations at the show. I am sad about this but I am excited to be there solely as the organizer where I can fully support the other artists and not have to worry about selling as well.

I will continue to make some items for myself and friends and perhaps I will spring back at some point under a new name. For now though it will be put on hold.

Thanks for all the support over the years!

xoxo

No comments: